Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you a hypochondriac?
02-12-2005, 07:19 PM
are you a hypochondriac?

my dad is! he's made himself an appointment at the doctors for Monday, he made the appointment sometime ago and has just seen it on the calendar. he can't remember why he made the appointment but he's going to go anyway cos he's sure he will have thought of something by then!

surely this is hypochondria!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2005, 07:22 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
In our neck of the woods, we would go to the doctors too, cos getting a friggin appointment is a nightmare, so to book your illness three weeks in advance makes perfrect sense to me.
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2005, 07:24 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
Buzz Wrote:In our neck of the woods, we would go to the doctors too, cos getting a friggin appointment is a nightmare, so to book your illness three weeks in advance makes perfrect sense to me.

lol! I see your point ... I wonder what ailment he will make up .. I will keep you informed!

A friend of mine has recently recovered from a cancer scare ... turns out it was a sore throat ... :wallbash: :wacko:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
In case he can't think of anything in time, he could go round all the family and friends and takes notes of their ailments to present to the doc instead.
02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
[Image: smallblister.jpg]

I suffered a rather nasty burn to my arm yesterday. Did I make a fuss too bl**dy right I did.
02-12-2005, 10:57 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
Sorry gotcarried away with posting my nasty burn and never answered the original question.

I think we all have a little hypochondria in us in suspecting worst case scenarios now and then. In my own experience I worried about bowel cancer in what turned out to be a bad case of piles.
02-12-2005, 11:38 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
Nox Wrote:In case he can't think of anything in time, he could go round all the family and friends and takes notes of their ailments to present to the doc instead.

that's a good idea Nox ... cos (not that I'm a hypochondriac, of course) I have several ailments he could present on my behalf!

03-12-2005, 01:03 AM
are you a hypochondriac?
mazwad Wrote:[Image: smallblister.jpg]

I suffered a rather nasty burn to my arm yesterday. Did I make a fuss too bl**dy right I did.
[SIZE="7"]Ouch Maz...that makes my eyes water!!:wacko: [/SIZE]

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
03-12-2005, 11:08 AM
are you a hypochondriac?
I tend not to go to the doctor when I probably should....Blush I like to let nature take it's course whenever possible as it will help to boost my immune system for the next bug....I hate taking any form of medication as again I don't want my bodies own immune system to start getting whimpy on me....needless to say the only time I've had to seek medical attention for the past eon is because of my knee (twisted it...puffed up...crutches for a week) and my shoulder (a nerve kept trapping and I couldn't use my right arm at all when it did...oh and it friggin well hurt as well!) :wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
03-12-2005, 01:29 PM
are you a hypochondriac?
I don't remember the last time I went to the doctor - or had a day off work ill - I reckon I'm the opposite of a hypocondriac - I pretend to be well when I'm actually ill - is there a name for that??

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?