Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catalogues
01-06-2005, 10:33 AM
catalogues

The thread started by Buzz regarding Xmas made me remember that i wanted to ask you guys a question.

I now live in an area with no clothes shops (well i lie, there is a Peacocks), but i need to some decent clothes for work / leisure etc ....

I dont really want to spend my weekends going to Norwich or Ipswich so i though i would get a catalogue (never used one before).

What i would like is a general one that has clothes / furniture etc .. And not just one thats all Next or Oasis, but one that has lots of different brands.

So does anyone here use a catalogue ? Are they any good and who are they ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
catalogues
I haven't shopped from a catalogue for years. I used to when I was a bit hard up and could spread the payments out a bit and also when I worked and didn't have time to go pushing and shoving round the crowded shops on a Saturday.

Funnily enough, though, a Littlewoods Catalogue was left on my doorstep yesterday. I was pleased because they do have a good selection of clothes and, unlike most shops, they usually have the size you want in the colour you want and vice versa. Also they have all the other things and they are a good reference book too if you are thinking of getting something and you have no idea of the price range etc.

I've had Kays, Grattan and various others over the years but not sure if they are still up and running. They're all much of a muchness.

If you do a Google search Bonnie, they usually have websites too and will fall over themselves to send you a catalogue.
01-06-2005, 10:51 AM
catalogues
Bonsai Wrote:I dont really want to spend my weekends going to Norwich or Ipswich.

Ooh Bonnie, come up to Norwich for the day, we could have a shopaholic day together.
Or a day finding all the pubs in Norwich.

As for catalogues, I use Look Again www.lookagain.co.uk
I like it and I never really buy anything full price. I always wait for the sale brochures they send out nearly every month.
And you get free stuff for ordering. Some of the free stuff is naff, but last time I got a towel bale free.
They have lots of different brands and the delivery and returns is free.
Oh and edit to add you can do all your ordering and payments online.

Pretty much any of the "Gus" network are all the same stuff.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
catalogues
Have you thought about shopping online, I used it when I was living in the stick. Theres a great choice out there.
Find all posts by this user