Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changeling
29-12-2008, 03:15 PM
changeling

Saw this one last night - a gripping film.

As well as the main theme of a missing child, there is an even more disturbing theme of how an innocent woman can be manipulated into thinking she is guilty - thrown into a Kafkaesque lose-lose position in a mental institution.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2008, 03:56 PM
changeling
Is that the Angelina Jolie film?

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
31-12-2008, 12:35 PM
changeling
Fee For All Wrote:Is that the Angelina Jolie film?

It is indeed.

I must admit, I quite fancy this filum based on the storyline and the only things that have put me off thus far are the facts that Angelina Jolie plays the lead and Clint Eastwood is the director. For some reason I find Jolie quite irritating as an actress and most Eastwood directed films to be tedious. I've also read some very mixed reviews about it from the critics. They seems to either love it or hate it.

I might give it a go though based on SF's comments. So far, he's the only person I know who has actually seen the film.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2008, 02:34 PM
changeling
I'm not an Eastwood fan, but I do think that AJ tends to be under-rated as an actress. Her personal life (rainbow family etc) is a big yawn, but I've always liked her on-screen. I'd like to see this too.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
31-12-2008, 08:26 PM
changeling
Fee For All Wrote:I'm not an Eastwood fan, but I do think that AJ tends to be under-rated as an actress. Her personal life (rainbow family etc) is a big yawn, but I've always liked her on-screen. I'd like to see this too.

I daresay she is a better actress than I give her credit for, but there is just something about her acting style (personal life aside) which irks me and I can't really put my finger on what it is.

I feel much the same about David Jason. Can't stand him as an actor. I won't watch a thing he is in purely on the basis that he is in it. Yet, he is regarded as some sort of national treasure and I am most definitely in the minority with my opinion.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user