Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
degrees
12-11-2004, 11:39 PM
degrees

as im nearing the end of my life as a student ive been thinking alot about graduation and degrees and other qualifications etc (not to mention what will i do with myself now!!!!)

as a class and we all HAVE to graduate next summer coz we cant repeat 4th year (scary biscuits, what if i fail? all that hard work gone to waste). anyway we all have to graduate whether we fail or pass 4th year and we or rather i have made everyone agree to the pact that whoever gets a 1st will have to streak naked with their gown and hat on.

so i was wondering what degrees or qualifications do you guys all have? and what wild shenanigans went on around graduation time?

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2004, 12:49 AM
degrees
Good luck Kooky and I hope you all get firsts! Will you be streaking during the ceremony in front of assorted friends and family or wait until afterwards. Don't forget the camera, though if you don't remember it I'm sure the press will get a few shots you can show your grandchildren in the future!

I've never graduated at anything so I can't tell you any funny stories. BTW, my boss used the term 'graduand' today. He said it was a term used to describe people who had got their degree but hadn't yet graduated. Anyone else ever heard of it?
13-11-2004, 09:49 AM
degrees
I missed my graduation:sad: but don't feel too sorry for me - I got married 6 days before my graduation and was in Bali sunning myself at the time of the graduation.Smile

I have to say I was a tiny bit gutted because I was so desperate to wear my mortar board and gown - I do love a good 'hat' occasion.

I went on to a post grad degree and completed one year - but couldn't afford the second year and so never did complete it.:sad:
13-11-2004, 09:52 AM
degrees
I'm sure your efforts wont go to waste in the final year Kooks! If they do then perhaps it's the fault of your tutors as someone should have perhaps mentioned that yo weren't progressing in the right direction! However, I'm sure that is academic cos I'm sure you will pass.

As for shennanigans - I well remember the day i got my O level - oh what joy, the fireworks, the champagne, ....

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-11-2004, 11:21 AM
degrees
I'm sure you will do just great Kooks Smile

No graduation for me, as I left school at 16 after my 'O' Levels, and went out and got a job.
13-11-2004, 12:02 PM
degrees
noxie in reply to your question NO i will not be streaking in front of my mum and dad. i think theyd be more mortified than me. but perhaps at the after party as we are considering organising a house party or something after the ball. i know of those graduands, didnt know they were called that tho!!

so flip what was your degree in?

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
13-11-2004, 01:59 PM
degrees
Dolores Wrote:As for shennanigans - I well remember the day i got my O level - oh what joy, the fireworks, the champagne, ....

Naaah, it wasn't a patch on the CSE award ceremony.
13-11-2004, 04:38 PM
degrees
good luck in your 4th year kookycat....I'll be graduating in the spring too, with a degree in anthropology...which basically means I'll have to go the grad school if i expect a decent job in my career field. I'm hoping for some fun times before graduation too, before entering the "real world." lol
13-11-2004, 05:12 PM
degrees
I left school at 16 with 2 O'levels grade C in Art and English. Undecided, I went to college to retake, failed them all, just couldn't be bothered.

Gave up and got a job.

24 years later I have just started to study accounts (AAT).

I have the qualification of life. :closedeye ,
13-11-2004, 05:26 PM
degrees
Im not graduating til June 2006 (yes 2006!)
I feel like Ive been at uni forever but at the same time it feels as though I was just leaving high school last year, if that makes any sense.
I don't mind though, Im loving being a uni student and hope for lots more shenanigens before graduation! :holiday:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Six degrees of separation Nox 17 940 03-05-2005 08:03 PM
Last Post: Coastie