Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
harry potter discussion *spoilers!!*
30-07-2005, 04:22 PM

well ive been dying to discuss harry potter since i finished two weeks ago!! waiting for all you slow pokes. so i thought i would start a new thread on it. note there will probably be spoilers so anyone not finished dont read on!!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2005, 04:31 PM
well well well what can i say?? i cant believe he's gone!! i was so sure he couldnt die, come on hes one of the greatest wizards of all time!! and if anyone was to finish him off it wouldve been lord voldemort NOT that evil snape!!

when i read the chapter about snape i was like OH NO it cant be true! snape is in the order and dumbledore must have concrete evidence to believe he was good. and throughout the book there was always that glimmer of hope that snape was really good and only lying to lord voldemort so he could get information for the order. but alas that was not to be. then again ive always wondered why snape had not been found by lord voldemort and punished or killed since he came back in power. now i know why!

the book on the whole was good, the best bits were harry's private lessons with dumbledore, i loved it! each lesson you learned something new about lord voldemort. but the bits in between were so-so, i think the book wouldve been better if ron and hermione were on speaking terms then together they couldve cracked what draco was up to and stopped them!! thats whats happened in the other books. slightly disappointed in that respect. and was slightly bored of all the lovey dovey stuff.

looking forward to the next one though!! though it might be a bit different seeing as there's no more hogwarts!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
30-07-2005, 08:58 PM
I have a theory that Snape may be one of the good guys and it was all planned by Dumbledore. Now Snape will be seen as OK by Voldemort and be able to keep an eye out for Harry secretly. D'dore will have made the big sacrifice to ensure Harry's protection.

(If you're reading, JK -I'll be happy with 10% :thumbsup: )

The whole Hogwarts thing was becoming a bit 'samey' - it'll be more interesting to see how the rest of the wizard world is developed.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I agree Fee, I think that the story of Snape being with "he who must not be named" is all a big double/double bluff.

I really think he is with Dumbledore on this.
I can't see the character that Rowling has made out to be Dunbledore to be so wrong with regards to Snape.
I think Snape is there for Harry in the last adventure but of course he is not going to realise it.

But is it going to be at Hogwart's or out in the world looking for these other pieces of Voldemort's spirit.
Talking to my BIL he thinks that Harry will go back to Hogwarts because there are too many characters involved at the school.
But personally, I think he won't go back to Hogwart's and the last book will be about him finding all the pieces of Voldemort and defeating him, and of course Hermoine and Ron will be there with him, even though he said he wants to do this on his own.

Thanks Kooky for starting this thread, because I always wanted to talk about the new book but didn't want to give anything away.

I must add, I did have a tear in my eye when I read Dumbledore died:cry:

[Image: 429.gif]
31-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Good one Kooks! :thumbsup:

I wept buckets when DD died and am only hoping that his portrait will appear in the new head's office and continue to give advice (I am sure Hogwarts will continue even if Harry isn't there)

The talk in our household is about who 'RAB' (who stole the Horcrux and left the message for Voldemort) is, my theory is that it's Sirius' brother Regulus Black (who was himself killed by the Death Eaters for something or other on VM's orders) but Ellie thinks it might be a relation of Borgin or Burke's (from Nocturne Alley) I'll be eager to find out!

I am inclined to think that Snape is every bit as black as he is painted and that DD was wrong about him after all.
01-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Fee For All Wrote:I have a theory that Snape may be one of the good guys and it was all planned by Dumbledore. Now Snape will be seen as OK by Voldemort and be able to keep an eye out for Harry secretly. D'dore will have made the big sacrifice to ensure Harry's protection.

(If you're reading, JK -I'll be happy with 10% :thumbsup: )

The whole Hogwarts thing was becoming a bit 'samey' - it'll be more interesting to see how the rest of the wizard world is developed.

I am kind of with Fee & Andrea on this one. I think that Dumbledore realised that the drink from the fountain was going to kill him anyway and he somehow got a message to Snape to say that he could finish him off. Also Snape maybe had no choice as he did make The Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa, Draco's mother, and he maybe done that hoping that Dumbledore would be able to break the vow but on telling Dumbledore realised that the headmaster's fate lay with him. I did guess that Snape was the Half Blood Prince though. Good idea about the R.A.B. voice though, as I can't really think of anyone else.

I hope Hogwarts will still be there for the next book, which will be the last one.Sad I would like to see J K Rowling write a book about Harry's father, Sirius, Snape etc and their times at school.

One thing that did puzzle me from The Order of The Phoenix though. When Hagrid showed the class The Threstrals he nodded that Harry would be able to see them and so would Neville, but you can only see them if have seen death. Who did Neville Longbottom see die, as his parents are still alive?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-08-2005, 01:58 PM
:shocking: Dumbledore is dead???? :shock:
01-08-2005, 02:09 PM
You'll need to read faster dab...:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2005, 03:40 PM
dab Wrote::shocking: Dumbledore is dead???? :shock:

You should've read the spoilers, Dab! :ohmy:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Bella Wrote:You should've read the spoilers, Dab! :ohmy:

It's okay, Bella. I was joking. I don't read the Potter books.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Harry Potter Haydon_acc2 9 2,240 30-07-2007 03:39 PM
Last Post: skip to the end
  Harry Potter Bella 36 4,853 24-07-2005 01:21 PM
Last Post: jaycee