Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i hate my boss
18-11-2006, 12:04 PM
i hate my boss

i am raging this week at what a stupid cow my boss is!! also can double up as a thread for all your evil boss stories!!

dunno if i have said but i recently changed my role from floor supervisor to instore visual merchandiser, which is something ive wanted to do for ages and is the ultimate goal. well anyway, every 4 months or so we get judged on model store, which is basically all the new guidelines for the new seasons trends etc. and we get marked on how good the store looks and whether standards are kept up to scratch.

well this being my first model store with me at the helm, i only had 2 days to get everything done, which is mammoth considering it usually takes a week and a half with ALL staff involved the night before. and we have lost a couple of the core merchandisers, so the only person that can really do trends is me and the brand manager (who is the cow, but she is crap at it!!). anyway she was on holiday for a week. the week she was on holiday i worked really hard missing my tea breaks moving the store around, and then friday i was told the date was changed to wednesday, i was off all weekend and still had loads to do!! and after a weekend the store gets trashed anyway so basically i had to start from scratch on monday so hence my 2 days to get everything done. but i spent the whole weekend at home making one of the displays, then went in for a few hours on the sunday doing some more displays. then worked my ass off mon/tues coming in early, staying late, missing breaks, basically busting my gut to get the store looking fab. I did have help from some staff, but i was the one who asked everyone to see who could come in last minute for tues. and some members only came out of loyalty for me, not for HER and they told me this!

so tues night i was still finishing a wall and was chatting to my manager how difficult it was with the lack of staff and shortage of time blah blah. and she turned round and said it wouldve been different if she was here instead. i thought that was a flaming cheek. i was close to tears then!! all that extra work i had done. i was in disbeleif, what a catty comment!! she actually thinks she couldve done better!! even if she did think that could she not see i had worked really hard? anyway it was quite late at the point so i thought **** her and left and she was trying to get me to stay to finish but no way was i doin that for her.

anyway my area vm came and LOVED the store, said i worked really hard and she realises how much i had done (coz she was in the week before) and we got 95% which is pretty good. and i was sooooo chuffed about!!

so to add insult to injury, not one word of thanks has been said to me from bitch manager, and i left early on weds to take back the extra time i put in, and she had the cheek to change to rota so i wouldnt get paid!!!

im so hurt by it all!! do u think there is anything i can do about this?

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2006, 12:23 PM
i hate my boss
Welcome to the big bad world chick!!!! Life is cack, you cant choose who you work with unfortunately and you will work with people you dont like or who you may clash with, the professional and mature thing to do is rise above it, never give her the opportunity to have a go at you........

I used to have problems with one of my Directors, she was also married to the MD and it was their company, but she was USELESS, no people skills and no administration skills and someone once said to me that she was vile because I was efficient and showed her up all the time.......how true that is god only knows, but hey, it made ME feel better.......

The only advice I can give you is to keep a diary of "events" and then if you feel she is being unreasonable, then speak to someone in your HR department - there are Laws in employment that protect employees and employers, but you do need to have grounds to start proceedings - as I can see it at the moment, its probably just a bit of the green eyed monster on her part........

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2006, 03:14 PM
i hate my boss
thanks isis!! u just read a wee snippet of it and hit the nail on the head!! i say this because one of the girls came in and said how good the store looked and how hard i work to her and she retorted that I didnt do everything and how she did this and she did that! she really cant stand it when someone else gets praise!

anyway, like you say im gonna start a diary, she cant go on treating people like that, and im not the only one that feels the same. plus shes gotta watch herself coz she's been sued before and the company had to pay alot of money to sort it out!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
18-11-2006, 04:59 PM
i hate my boss
kookycat Wrote:anyway my area vm came and LOVED the store, said i worked really hard and she realises how much i had done (coz she was in the week before) and we got 95% which is pretty good. and i was sooooo chuffed about!!

All i can say is, keep remembered the above. You did a fantastic job, and the store was fantastic. 95% sounds brilliant to me, not 'pretty good'.

Just remember that you did everything, and probably the reason your boss wasnt praising you herself was because she KNEW you did everything and that you were splendid. She probably feels jealous.

She may have hoped you that you would fall flat on your face, but you didnt.

Give yourself a huge pat on the back and bask in your glory. Dont let her bring you down.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dont you just hate it when...... Groucho 2,351 81,124 19-07-2007 06:10 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  DYJLIW & DYJHIW - when you love & hate it in one! ils 250 8,570 12-11-2006 08:46 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  I hate my fish.... karenh 27 2,343 27-08-2005 08:19 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Words or expressions you hate.... Dolores 25 2,158 25-05-2005 06:19 PM
Last Post: Gelastic
  The Boss! Coastie 10 1,177 10-05-2005 02:00 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  What do you hate about Christmas? maxine 25 2,283 16-12-2004 11:41 AM
Last Post: ils