Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod or mp3 player?
06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
iPod or mp3 player?

Mrs SF wants something to play tunes on but which do we go for?

Want to be able to:

buy & download music for it from internet. iStore (iPod-compatible) looks good, loads of music, but where are the mP3 - compatible music stores?

Will an iPod plug into a PC or only a Mac?

play music from it in car? Is that possible?

price of machine/quality of played music. How much difference between the two formats?

ANy ideas?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
I am stuck with too SF, I am such a techno-phobe and to be honest what is the difference between them both?

We are thinking of getting one for Katie - just a wee cheap one, so would welcome any suggestions as well.

Sorry SF, I haven't helped you at all have I?!:sun:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
I still have my good old faithful mini disc player and as such have not reserched this matter at all...I'd be interested in learning the results of your research SF...who knows my mini-disc player may die one day...although I still have an old tape sony walkman somewhere in full working order! :nerd:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
06-12-2006, 01:36 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
I'd be interested to hear what's the difference between both. We just bought Alyssa an IPod for Christmas, but I still don't understand what they do. Someone must know.:unsure:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
06-12-2006, 02:55 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
I have an MP4 player. Well I got it free from HSBC when I opened a student account and it's okay but the on-off button annoys me.
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2006 03:04 PM by Dolores.)
iPod or mp3 player?
Bella Wrote:I am stuck with too SF, I am such a techno-phobe and to be honest what is the difference between them both?

We are thinking of getting one for Katie - just a wee cheap one, so would welcome any suggestions as well.

I think (think!) if it's just about music and not vast quantities of it then an MP3 player is cheaper and adequate - if you want games, pc connection etc then i think it's the IPod route which is much more expensive.

Bella - my mum and dad are getting my son an MP3 player from Amazon, it costs £15.99 (think it was reduced). I'm sure it would be adequate as a beginner MP3 player for Katie. My son kept saying he wanted an IPod but I think it's only cos that what his mates have got. tbh it would be a waste to spend much more than this on an MP3 player for my son.
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
An Ipod can be used with a PC.
It can be played in the car, if you buy a car adapter (I don't have one of these so I can't comment on the quality)

The quality of sound on my Ipod is great - but I've not had any other sort of MP3 player, so can't compare....

In all that's not much help at all it it?
06-12-2006, 05:33 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
If it's just for music the there are many many options. The key is space.

Patsy started a thread on this a while back...

Personally I hate iPods because of iTunes (Apple/Mac based software that f's up a PC) My sons installed on the PC at home and I'm forever having issues with it.

Mate at work has a Rio. Creative do some good ones.

Me...I use me phone!!! a 2gig card and files in Ogg format and I'm loaded.
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
You can play any MP3 player in the car if you buy a small FM transmitter - they can be found for under a tenner on ebay. The sound quality is fine - certainly good enough for most car stereos!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
iPod or mp3 player?
Rob Wrote:You can play any MP3 player in the car if you buy a small FM transmitter - they can be found for under a tenner on ebay. The sound quality is fine - certainly good enough for most car stereos!

How about the availabilty of (buying) downloadable mp3 format music off the internet Rob? And does an MP3 player have a USB connection to a PC?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iPod Speakers Bella 2 625 28-02-2008 12:01 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  Going to buy an iPod - a few questions first... PJ 8 1,179 21-09-2006 05:52 PM
Last Post: PJ
  MP3 player and downloading music help Haydon_acc2 5 735 05-03-2006 06:17 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  My Ipod Hugh Jaas 15 1,729 11-04-2005 11:07 PM
Last Post: Hugh Jaas