Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it me?
17-04-2007, 04:26 PM
is it me?

It would seem that all of this year's (and last) contestants have simply put, got the wrong idea about "business"?

They think that business is about suits, being aggressive, leading, being boss, champagne, ruthlessness. I have not seen one yet that has the vaguest idea about sales, profit, marketing, advertising, people skills. It is almost like this is about delusion - perhaps it is just about youth and inexperience.

come up with a way to make money in a day...face painting, kissograms and gardening?

was I the only one who was slightly agog at the lack of ideas - even the local bookies may have been a better bet.

mind you sugar picked a chump last year and it looks like another is heading his way again this year.

**I heart Northern Soul**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2007, 07:06 PM
is it me?
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:They think that business is about suits, being aggressive, leading, being boss, champagne, ruthlessness. I have not seen one yet that has the vaguest idea about sales, profit, marketing, advertising, people skills. It is almost like this is about delusion - perhaps it is just about youth and inexperience.

come up with a way to make money in a day...face painting, kissograms and gardening?

nope it's not just you! I work with the business community and not one of these would cut the mustard. They think being ambitious means saying "I want to be a billionaire by the time I'm 40" and hey presto it will happen.

Being trustworthy and hardworking with a clear strategy are just a few qualities that most of this lot are lacking. For my money Jadine has the most business sense and idea of long term thinking at this stage - the rest are just also rans - shame she is a stroppy mare when being led!

as for the ideas ... face painting etc - as I said before worse ideas than a Scout's bob a job week effort!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-04-2007, 05:38 AM
is it me?
I don`t think any of them are "apprentice" material like they were in the first series where I thought there was a few to choose from. I didn`t like any of them in the second series and no one from this lot has impressed me yet.
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2007, 10:36 AM
is it me?
Inclined to agree. The first series was the best, original and fresh. Now most of them just wanna be famous and on the telly. I think this will probably have to be the last series.

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
18-04-2007, 12:18 PM
is it me?
Well I never watched the other series but heard a lot about them - SAS is definitely the best bit, he ought to be on it more, I like some of his one-liners.How annoying some of these people are - I am in business and these people have no people skills, negotiation skills and few selling skills. They seem to feel that only by being the 'leader' they will succeed. There are quite a few that have made little impact at all yet so maybe they will emerge as the series continues. Tre is obnoxious and has little idea how awful he is but he may do well just because he is so confident. I quite like the posh girl but Jadine may well be feisty but she is deluded and rude. And agree re the money making ideas - honestly if I was going down the kissing route I would have a tariff : 50p a hug, £1 for a peck, £3 for a big kiss, £5 and I'll sit on your knee etc etc I thought the idea was naff, but their execution of it was even worse!!
18-04-2007, 01:16 PM
is it me?
What the contestants forget (or never have learned) is that anyone who works for a wage is "in business" - we all are. we all sell something (even on the NHS eg). They seem to think that "business" is a separate thing that high fliers and bosses are involved in ans as such create a mystery around it. there is plenty business going on at a car boot sale as there is on a trading floor..

**I heart Northern Soul**
03-05-2007, 05:45 AM
is it me?
It kinda makes you wonder doesn't it...if these are potentially some of the greatest business minds in the country at the moment it's no wonder our economy is faltering fast...and it's no wonder all the potential recruits that Richard Branson put through his 'Rebel Billionaire' regime to find the new leader of his empire were Americans! He obviously noticed the distinct lack of talent available here.:ohmy:

Whatever happened to working hard to make something of yourself? All this batch want is for success and wealth to be handed to them on a Sugar sprinkled plate! If I were SAS I'd bin the lot of them now and save the endless days of dissapointment to come. :blink:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]