Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinions please
09-10-2005, 10:43 AM
opinions please

What do I do next over a problem with a new pair of glasses.

THe lenses are fine but the fit is a problem.

They were a bit wonky so I took them back. The woman on the desk hemmed and hahed, said the arm needed adjusting then started balking because they are made of titanium (thin though) and might be tough to adjust. (I have one ear lower than the other so the arms need to be different heights). She fiddled around for five minute, put hem back on and said they wre a lot better. I took them home, saw they were no different, and in exasperation bent the arm down myself and voila they were perfectly level.

Unfortunately there was a 2nd problem that had been there from the start, they were pressing on one side of my nose and hurting on the ear. So I went back, she fiddled with them, but they are still hurting.

I have no confidence in her and I think she can't do the job properly.

While i was there the first time the manager/opthalmist came out and started bitching at the woman in a most unprofessional way about not being able to find this that and the other - very poor in front of a customer.

Question is do I

- see the manager about my problem (to be honest I didn't like the look of him after his hissy fit in the shop)

- go to another opticians and ask them to do the job properly

- complain to the optical council (don't really want to get into all that)

- or what?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2005, 11:10 AM
opinions please
Try contact lenses??
09-10-2005, 11:30 AM
opinions please
well I NEVER put up with poor service. I'm afraid I would have to take pen to paper and write a letter to the opticians and cc it to the Optical Council (is there REALLY such a thing!?)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2005, 11:34 AM
opinions please
Thing is I just want to get it sorted out quickly - they hurt.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
09-10-2005, 11:34 AM
opinions please
survivorfan Wrote:Thing is I just want to get it sorted out quickly - they hurt.

well just fiddle with them then ... that seems to be the Opticians coverall response!

Kind of on a par with IT departments "turn it off and turn it on again" advice!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
09-10-2005, 12:10 PM
opinions please
I would just keep going back until she got it right. Maybe find out when she has her day off! :wink2:
09-10-2005, 12:27 PM
opinions please
Just see the manager first, if they are hurting it's quite urgent.

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
09-10-2005, 01:21 PM
opinions please
Go back and be annoyed. I always have to take mine back at least once - its very different when you are sat trying them on in the shop to when you are wearing them at home. Make it clear they are hurting and not just uncomfortable and if they can't adjust them properly then maybe you should be looking at a replacement - they fitted them and measured you in the first place didnt they.

Once done find a new opticians - I get my glasses from Spec Savers as I treat them rough so don't like to spend too much, but my contact lenses from an independant Optician that I have been going to for 20 years.

Most peoples ears are different heights thats why hair appears thicker on one side.
09-10-2005, 01:30 PM
opinions please
Make a stink and get them fixed by the shop you bought them from. If you bend them and break them you'll be gutted as the shop will say you should not have tried to do it yourself and may well charge you to fix them.

Take a mirror and give yourself an hour to wander the town after you pay the opticians a visit. If they feel fine then you should be good to go!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-10-2005, 01:36 PM
opinions please
If it's part of a large chain, write to head office and complain about the service, and the manager's attitude to his staff.

Tell them you had a bad customer experience and want it sorted immediately.

Phone first and have a go at them. It'll make you feel better :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]