Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spss
04-03-2005, 03:21 PM
spss

i am having a minor personal battle with this subject!! so anyone here a spss guru that can help me?

i always thought that if i kept myself occupied and my brain is buzzing it's hard for me to feel tired and sleepy. until now when i have a project due in 4 weeks and im having a hard time making heads or tails of these stats!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2005, 03:53 PM
spss
I'd love to be able to help. but unfprtuanely ven't got a bloody clue what you are on about......sorreeeeee :blink:
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2005, 05:31 PM
spss
What aspect of it are you struggling with Kooks? For my degree we were required to do all the stats by hand, which is vile but probably easier in the long run! A quick Google throws up loads of SPSS help resources though Smile
04-03-2005, 05:46 PM
spss
A what?

I'm glad VOR knows what spss means, because I haven't a clue. For the unenlightened, what does SPSS stand for?
04-03-2005, 05:48 PM
spss
Nox Wrote:A what?

I'm glad VOR knows what spss means, because I haven't a clue. For the unenlightened, what does SPSS stand for?

Thank you nox.....I am not the only daft one round here :bag:
04-03-2005, 05:51 PM
spss
It's a statistical software package Nox (I think!)
04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
spss
yea its a programme that churns out statistics for you. so much for making it simpler!

well i dont suppose you can have bash helping voice? i have run a crosstabs, then chi-square tests, then did a kruskal-wallis to confirm the significancies. so am i only supposed to use those crosstabs that are of significance? coz there are some that aren't significant that i might still like to use. i probably lost you the minute i said crosstabs!! sheesh at least i look brainy!!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
04-03-2005, 10:13 PM
spss
:shocking: :wacko: :wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
05-03-2005, 05:11 AM
spss
Its too early in the morning to be talking about SPSS. I hated having anything to do with stats but if you do the google search as VOR says, there should be available a relatively easy step by step process to help sort out what you are doing and what it all means. I found this package quite stressful so best of luck.

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
05-03-2005, 08:51 AM
spss
I thought it was that thing women get after having a baby and your pelvic bones dont' to back together properly.
:shutup: