Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tab order
31-05-2005, 07:24 PM
tab order

hope this is the right place.

who gets the pleasure of sorting out the tab order on pages, as when I'm typing a message, I can usually just press tab to then hit the submit button with the space bar/return

anything you can do?!

I'm using a mac too, which only has one button. that's not relevant, just hoping someone will feel sorry for me :ninja:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2005, 07:27 PM
tab order
If it's anything computer related, you need to take it to the feedback/help thread, whimmo. Let you off this time, though.
31-05-2005, 07:28 PM
tab order
Patsy Wrote:If it's anything computer related, you need to take it to the feedback/help thread, whimmo. Let you off this time, though.

ooooh who died and put you in charge?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2005, 07:29 PM
tab order
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh :wacko:
31-05-2005, 07:34 PM
tab order
Patsy Wrote:If it's anything computer related, you need to take it to the feedback/help thread, whimmo. Let you off this time, though.

that's where I put it didn't I?
31-05-2005, 08:06 PM
tab order
Well done, you were paying attention. :ninja:
31-05-2005, 08:07 PM
tab order
Dolores Wrote:ooooh who died and put you in charge?!

The person that sacked you for being too bossy! :boxing:
31-05-2005, 08:16 PM
tab order
Patsy Wrote:The person that sacked you for being too bossy! :boxing:

me sacked? for being too bossy? I don't think so Lady!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
31-05-2005, 08:52 PM
tab order
whim Wrote:who gets the pleasure of sorting out the tab order on pages
That would be Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd, which makes vBulletin, the software responsible for this online community. I don't think Haydon (the owner of this board/site) would mind at all if I told you he wouldn't know where to look to change the tab order. He doesn't program in PHP. I do, and I STILL wouldn't know where to look - it'd be a bit of a trawl; the software is very modular, and one would have to print out quite a lot of modules in order to figure out which bit does what.

You could try addressing your query to Jelsoft, but I'm not sure Haydon would upgrade the board simply to give you a more ergonomic tab order, alas. Wink

If you're so inclined, you could use a keyboard macro program to give you the facility to do this with one keystroke/key combination. I use the excellent AutoHotKey, but you'd have to look elsewhere for a Mac-specific product I'm afraid.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
31-05-2005, 09:38 PM
tab order
Blink Wrote:That would be Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd, which makes vBulletin, the software responsible for this online community. I don't think Haydon (the owner of this board/site) would mind at all if I told you he wouldn't know where to look to change the tab order. He doesn't program in PHP. I do, and I STILL wouldn't know where to look - it'd be a bit of a trawl; the software is very modular, and one would have to print out quite a lot of modules in order to figure out which bit does what.

You could try addressing your query to Jelsoft, but I'm not sure Haydon would upgrade the board simply to give you a more ergonomic tab order, alas. Wink

If you're so inclined, you could use a keyboard macro program to give you the facility to do this with one keystroke/key combination. I use the excellent AutoHotKey, but you'd have to look elsewhere for a Mac-specific product I'm afraid.

Oh, I didn't realise, well he's done a good job of putting teh site together in that case then Smile

PHP wouldn't help you much though, the templates are easily accessible for this board in the admin control panel and editable in HTML, some will even show up in a wysiwyg editors preview. It's a HTML template which is cached and integrated/inserted/called as a function with the php when executed. Board admin edit templates a lot. There are thousands of resources. 'Out of the box' it will have tabbed just fine, but it tabs from the textarea to the ads at the top, so inserting the ad code probably just broke the table as the html templates are constructed piece by piece often leaving the table unfinished in one particular segment, haven't looked.

You're a multi-talented solicitor! We need examples now, obviously. Big Grin