SO Forums

Full Version: Letters to VoR & NZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you all know our dear Voice of Reason is on the last straight of packing up her UK life to move to huge pastures new in New Zealand. She and the family fly out forever on the 8th May.

I am taking the opportunity to drive down for a night to say my proper goodbyes on the 28th April.

I am taking a keepsake for her to put into the shipping container [too big as hand luggage] and in it I am going to put a personal letter from me along with a couple of photos for her to remember me [and the family] by.

So I wondered whether or not those of you who wish to, those that have met her or those that have had a laugh with here on SO or whatever - would like to write her a letter? And I just thought it would be lovely for her to open it up - and read 'Notes from her UK friends'.

I was thinking about privacy - and so I thought people could write a personal letter and seal it in an envelope and post it to her c/o me [I can pm details to folk]. Or if you don't mind me seeing - you could pm or email me and I can print it off and put it into the keepsake.

I can put all the notes and letters into the one place and she will always have a reminder of 'home' and her mates.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it will be like for her, I know I would find it way too traumatic leaving all my family and friends behind, severing all ties with a place that is called home. I just want her to know that she always has friends back here, she has indicated her unsurety about returning here to SO. Can you imagine being a bit homesick, and you log on here and read about our lives, the weather, UK news etc - it is just going to make it a million times worse.

Anyway that is my idea - just pm me if you are interested. Cheers. xx
Good idea flip flop. I shal certainly be composing a letter for you.
Thanks Cat - I know how much she will appreciate a 'cheerio' from her mates.Smile
Great idea flip! :thumbsup:
Can I say a lovely snuggly thank you to those so far who have sent letters via me to stick in the 'SO Scrap Book' for Voice of Reason.

I can tell you I have spent most of today, covering it [remember when we covered books at school?? - such fun], it is covered in fake brown suede and I sewed her name on it in odd buttons and beads. It has photos of all her mates from SO in it - and some funnies too. I have printed off some really hilarious posts and threads to remember us by ...

... anyway I am leaving to go down first thing Thursday morning - so if anyone else wishes to put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard - it would be great if I got them no later than Wednesday [27th].

pm me for details.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the reminder flip flop.

I will ink my quill.
Oh me to Flip, I've been meaning to do this, I must get on with it and will post it first thing Monday morning.
Ooo OOOO I love writing letters.....I shall be pen and inking soon as! :smartie:

Voice isn't expecting anything to profound is she Flip....it's just well....my imagination tends to take over my letter writing.....and well you all know where that can lead! :wacko:
Coastie Wrote:Ooo OOOO I love writing letters.....I shall be pen and inking soon as! :smartie:

Voice isn't expecting anything to profound is she Flip....it's just well....my imagination tends to take over my letter writing.....and well you all know where that can lead! :wacko:

Your letter writing skills are famed throughout the land - and in fact there is a photo of you doing just that ... so I shall hang fire to stick that one in, and wait till you get your letter and put them next to each other. Then she has a double whammy of Coastie!!

And just be yourself hun, any attempt at trying to hide your looniness is frutile - she will see straight through you!!
Flip Wrote:Your letter writing skills are famed throughout the land - and in fact there is a photo of you doing just that ... so I shall hang fire to stick that one in, and wait till you get your letter and put them next to each other. Then she has a double whammy of Coastie!!

And just be yourself hun, any attempt at trying to hide your looniness is frutile - she will see straight through you!!

Do you think Voice will mind if my letter is in crayon....they have stopped me using anything sharp...I didn't mean to stab the boss in the butt it was just well....I went to pinch his butt and forgot I had a sharpened pencil in my hand! Blush
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's