SO Forums

Full Version: Trying to win an I-pod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Walkers crisps are doing a promotion at the moment, "win an I-pod every 5 minutes"
Basically you text them the code on the packet, and in September there is a draw to win an I-pod every 5 minutes.

I've been on there website and it says the quietest time of people entering was 4am last night and 2am the night before.......COASTIE, get entering when your at work.

And another site I went on mentioned about sending in as many codes as you can in one 5 minute period, to increase your chances of winning.

I wonder what the odds of winning are?
I can't believe that so many people all over Britain can be texting at the same time?
And I'll resign myself to the fact that I'm probably not going to win:sad:

Voice of reason

Yeah, and imagine how much money they are raking in as well :glare:

It's probably cheaper to buy an ipod.
You'll get on on e-bay Andrea! I hate all these competitions, they really annoy me but not as much as the mags that sell every week with different parts - the latest one being Arthur the Skeleton - it would cost you over £200 to make him!!! Wonder how many parents will be conned into buying that!? :mad:
Oh Bella, my kids keep asking for that skeleton, and I keep saying NO!

It takes about 60 editions of the magazine to make it up totally, and at nearly a fiver a time, I don't think so.

Voice of Reason Wrote:Yeah, and imagine how much money they are raking in as well :glare:

Do you know what, I thought that at first, but the charges are only the normal charges you pay for your texting via your phone company, so Walkers aren't actually making any money out of the texting.
But I bet people are buying more crisps now.
I'm actually only buying what I would normally buy so I might as well have a go.

I woke up last night at 4am and nearly got out of bed to text them, but decided not to:laugh:
Andrea Wrote:Oh Bella, my kids keep asking for that skeleton, and I keep saying NO!

It takes about 60 editions of the magazine to make it up totally, and at nearly a fiver a time, I don't think so.

I'm actually only buying what I would normally buy so I might as well have a go.

I woke up last night at 4am and nearly got out of bed to text them, but decided not to:laugh:

Katie keeps asking for the mag too, I reckon it would be cheaper to buy a real one!

Re the crisps I think that's the idea to get people to buy them, a great marketing ploy - maybe I could try that!! :laugh:

Voice of reason

Andrea Wrote:Do you know what, I thought that at first, but the charges are only the normal charges you pay for your texting via your phone company, so Walkers aren't actually making any money out of the texting.

Yes, but surely Walkers get a cut of the profits? Just like the reality TV shows do for text votes? I can't believe that Walkers are giving stuff away for fun, and they sell shedloads of crisps anyway, so I'm sure there's more to it than extra crisp sales.

It won't be only the mobile phone companies that benefit.
Bella Wrote:Re the crisps I think that's the idea to get people to buy them, a great marketing ploy - maybe I could try that!! :laugh:

I don't need any extra enticements to buy crisps, unfortuantely! Anyway seeing the delightfully, marvellous Mr Lineker on tv is always a good reason for a Walkers Crisp advert!
I tried sending three texts at quarter past five in the morning.

It advised me that I hadn't won and should try a quieter time...!!

I gave up on the idea.
WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've just won an I-pod mini.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't believe it.
I've been texting about 25 times tonight (which basically means I've spent £2.50 tonight) at different times and I've just won.
All the codes didn't come from crisp packets either, you can go onto the walkers site and get a "no purchase necessary" code sent to you via e-mail.
Well I did this loads of times earlier today, and had a collection of codes all ready to send in and have just been sending them in throughout the night.
And I've just won.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO
:ninja:

Critique

Way to go Andrea - congratulations :thumbsup: I'm glad your persistance paid off. It's nice to hear of someone actually winning these things.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's